Welcome to Good to Govern
Organizational advocate and author, Caroline Oliver, has been promoting great governance systems embracing organisations of all descriptions in the UK, Canada, the USA and beyond, since 1995.
Starting with the boards that link every organization's ownership and staff, Caroline's international consulting firm Good to Govern works with clients to clarify, organize and translate their values into effective performance.
As a writer, Caroline is the co-author/author of three books on governance. Her second book, Corporate Boards That Create Value, was co-authored with the creator of Policy Governance®1, John Carver, and published in 2002 by Jossey Bass Publishers Inc. Her latest book, Getting Started with Policy Governance - Bringing Purpose, Integrity and Efficiency to Your Board, was published in 2009, also by Jossey Bass Publishers Inc.
Caroline has been very closely involved with the drafting of the new British Standard, BS 13500, Code of Practice for Delivering Effective Governance Of Organisations, published in October 2013. She is also Managing Editor of the bi-monthly publication Board Leadership published by Jossey Bass (see www.boardleadershipnewsletter.com), the author of numerous articles (see www.goodtogovern.com for examples) and regular contributor to leading online governance fora.
- CEO of the International Policy Governance Association
- Chair of the UK Policy Governance Association
- Member of the international Xylem Group partnership developing new approaches to organisational accountability
1 Policy Governance® is an internationally registered service mark of John Carver. Registration is only to ensure accurate description of the model rather than for financial gain. The model is available free to all with no royalties or license fees for its use. The authoritative website for the Policy Governance model is www.carvergovernance.com.
What People Say About Caroline...
- "Anyone following the events surrounding the financial turmoil in 2007 and 2008 has good reason to wonder if corporate governance is working. Caroline Oliver’s latest book provides a route map to an innovative system of governance that boards should find well worth considering and even trying, it also provides many clues as to how some of the recent financial sector problems could have been prevented. Shareholders too should be interested in this book as it is about them, describing a system for how boards steer their organisations in their owners’ interests."
Paul Moxey, Head of Corporate Governance and Risk Management, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (Global)
- "What a truly outstanding and thought-provoking book. It has changed how I work with Boards overnight and forever! If we all took the advice within the pages of this book, then organisations would deliver greater value to their owners and be better places to work."
Dr. Jay Bevington, Director, Assurance and Advisory Public Sector, Deloitte and Touche LLP
- "This is a great read. Such a book is long overdue, it is comprehensive, accessible and fills a big gap in the market."
Geraldine Peacock, CBE, Former Chair of The Charity Commission.
2nd December 2013
2nd December 2013